Welcome to GO SSLP!
The Georgia Organization of School-Based Speech Language Pathologists is the only organization in Georgia that focuses on issues related to speech-language pathology services in schools.
GO SSLP is dedicated to a number of issues specifically affecting the school-based speech language pathologists. These issues include caseload size, FTE funding, salary supplements, certification, and licensure. We also provide our members with continuing education and a regular newsletter.
IMPORTANT MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
On June 23, 2014 the GO SSLP Advisory Team agreed to change the GO SSLP membership year. Currently, the GO SSLP membership year runs from January 1st through December 31st. The new membership year will reflect a “school year” and run from August 1st to July 31st. We will keep you updated as these changes go into effect in your GO SSLP online member profile.
Please visit the GO SSLP Membership Page for additional renewal information and membership discounts!
BEST PRACTICES 2: GO SSLP FALL CONFERENCE
October 27, 2014
Columbus State University, Cunningham Conference Center
Phonological Complexity Principles: Promoting Efficient Change in Overall Intelligibility
Presented by: Jennifer Taps Richard, MA, CCC-SLP
Online Registration NOW OPEN! Follow this link to register now!
BEST PRACTICES 2015: MARCH 5 & 6
Mark your calendar! More information coming soon!
GO SSLP Encourages you to be a Participant in ASHA's Student Mentor Program!
Click here for more information
- Just a heads up for anyone with a GA SLP License.... "Under Georgia Law, all licensees who renew a license much submit secure and verifiable documentation with their renewal." You need to verify that your license status is "Active" NOT "Active-renewal pending". If your license is pending, then the board does not have a copy of your driver's license or passport and you will need to submit those documents to have your license cleared. Go to the website and search for your name: https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverification/Search.aspx If you need to submit documents – here is the link with the information on how to do this… http://sos.ga.gov/plb/Doc_Submission_Fax_cover_sheet.pdf
- New! GO SSLP provides ADDITIONAL MEMBER BENEFITS! GO SSLP is partnering with AFLAC to provide discounted benefits. Click here for more information. Click on this link for an informational video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaCtLlVTdg
- Concerned about Medicaid Services in Schools? Click here for talking points. Consider writing about your concerns!
- Online membership renewal is now available. Click here to renew your membership for 2013 today!
- As a benefit of membership in GO SSLP, this website is your resource for all the latest association news. What would you like to see posted? Click here to share your thoughts.
Find Us on Facebook!
Get all of the latest GO SSLP news straight to your newsfeed! Like us on Facebook to network with other SLPs and keep up with GO SSLP.