Welcome to GO SSLP!
The Georgia Organization of School-Based Speech Language Pathologists is the only organization in Georgia that focuses on issues related to speech-language pathology services in schools.
GO SSLP is dedicated to a number of issues specifically affecting the school-based speech language pathologists. These issues include caseload size, FTE funding, salary supplements, certification, and licensure. We also provide our members with continuing education and a regular newsletter.
BEST PRACTICES 2014
March 6-7, 2014
The Cobb Galleria
Click HERE for conference details and registration.
Many of you have had questions about whether SLPs can attend the conference due to the date being the FTE count day, March 6th. We requested clarification from the Department of Education and the following comments are from Jan Stevenson, DOE Consultant for Speech:
"You can count your students without actually serving them on the day of the count, as long as you meet the FTE criteria."
Here are excerpts from the FTE 2013 Guidance:
- Prior Ten Days: A student must have attended class for at least one of the prior ten school days before the FTE count date.
- Enrolled in an Instructional Class: A student must be enrolled in an instructional program to earn FTE funding for that segment. The student must be regularly scheduled to receive services on the count day. Funding should be based on the student's need and the ability of the school to regularly schedule those services. Student schedules should not be rearranged for the purpose of earning FTE funding.
HONORS OF THE ORGANIZATION AWARD 2014
Each year, GO SSLP awards the Honors of the Organization to an individual who has a positive history/association with GO SSLP and has made outstanding contributions beyond those expected in an individual's job, to the profession and/or community affairs, and exhibits leadership characteristics that are considered a positive role model for others.
Please nominate a dedicated GO SSLP member for this award!
EXEMPLARY SLP AWARD FOR 2013-2014
GO SSLP is honoring the hard work and dedication of a GO SSLP member!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the EXEMPLARY SLP OF THE YEAR Award! This award has been developed for practicing GO SSLP members working in the schools. We are looking for an SLP who has made significant contributions to the practice of speech-language pathology in one or more of Georgia's schools. Contributions can include (but are not limited to) innovative therapy practices, professional activities, school-based impact, community involvement, and many others.
Please honor the hard work and dedication of one of your peers by nominating a fellow SLP for EXEMPLARY SLP OF 2013-2014. Nominations will be accepted until February 14, 2014.
Nomination forms (both are required): Nomination Form Nominee Form
- SURVEY OF MEMBERSHIP NEEDS: Many SLPs have indicated concerns regarding their annual performance evaluations in their school/school district. GO SSLP wants to gather more information on a statewide basis to help us systematically identify needs and determine recommendations/course of action. Please access this link and complete the survey. Please feel free to share with all SLPs in your district - we want your input regardless of whether you are a GO SSLP member! Complete the survey by February 15th! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/78X5S3H
- Another research study regarding GA SLPs and Technology: This study will look more broadly at the perceptions and usage of technology by SLPs.This survey will involve UGA and Tools for Life. The survey developers are actively seeking participation from school-based SLPs. It involves a brief online survey that can be found at https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0k9oM1dDsyJyJXD
- Just a heads up for anyone with a GA SLP License.... "Under Georgia Law, all licensees who renew a license much submit secure and verifiable documentation with their renewal." You need to verify that your license status is "Active" NOT "Active-renewal pending". If your license is pending, then the board does not have a copy of your driver's license or passport and you will need to submit those documents to have your license cleared. Go to the website and search for your name: https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/myverification/Search.aspx If you need to submit documents – here is the link with the information on how to do this… http://sos.ga.gov/plb/Doc_Submission_Fax_cover_sheet.pdf
- New! GO SSLP provides ADDITIONAL MEMBER BENEFITS! GO SSLP is partnering with AFLAC to provide discounted benefits. Click here for more information. Click on this link for an informational video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaCtLlVTdg
- Concerned about Medicaid Services in Schools? Click here for talking points. Consider writing about your concerns!
- Online membership renewal is now available. Click here to renew your membership for 2013 today!
- As a benefit of membership in GO SSLP, this website is your resource for all the latest association news. What would you like to see posted? Click here to share your thoughts.
Find Us on Facebook!
Get all of the latest GO SSLP news straight to your newsfeed! Like us on Facebook to network with other SLPs and keep up with GO SSLP.